Hedson Rail is driven to improving and increasing the rail industry’s resource pool. Through strategic partnerships with universities and internal programs to identify non-railway people with the right transferable skills, Hedson Rail is actively supporting the current and future demands of rail projects nationally.
Our strategy and target areas are three fold; highly skilled and experienced industry people within overseas markets - either expats returning or foreign nationals, newly qualified engineering graduates with either rail systems specific, civil, mechanical or electrical degrees, or skilled and experienced individuals within different industries that have specific transferable skills.
There is an inherent risk with each of these scenarios in terms of the individuals being able to adapt to the country or industry demands and become successful railway professionals. Hedson Rail manages this risk through support and guidance throughout, with a nominated director and management team member as mentors along with specific training programmes to assist in making the transition as smooth as possible.
Hedson Rail’s commitment to this strategy has been demonstrated recently through employment of the following individuals:
- Graduate Engineer - MSC Railway Engineering graduate new to working in the industry;
- Resource manager – experienced manager new to the rail industry with relevant skill sets for the role;
- OLE Project Manager – many years industry experience in Europe, but new to the UK Rail market;
- OLE Construction Manager – many years industry experience in the UK and Australasia, returning to the UK to support the industry demands; and
- OLE Project Engineer – many years industry experience in the UK and overseas, returning to the UK to support the industry demands.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss our vision in this area with current and new clients as well as anyone wanting to start a career in the rail industry. Please contact us.