Hedson Rail Ltd will be what’s known as the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We only collect basic personal data about you which does not include any special types of information or location-based information. This does however include name, address, email, phone number and employment history. We also hold copies of formal documentation such as your driving licence or passport so that we can verify your identity and right to work in the UK. Hedson Rail do not collect “sensitive personal data”. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via any of our offices or online is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
We are committed to safeguarding your data whilst providing a personalised and valuable service. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices, please contact us by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org We have a designated privacy officer to ensure your interests are constantly reviewed.
Information Collected and its Use
Hedson Rail Ltd. may collect your personal details, including but not limited to, your name and contact details (together with your e-mail address) and other relevant information from your CV.
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are an employee, client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for business use and projects, general applications or to apply for specific jobs. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information to clients in order to apply for jobs; to answer your enquiries;
- to fulfil contractual obligations to our clients;
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Hedson Rail Ltd.;
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business technology systems. These third parties comply with similar undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Hedson Rail Ltd.;
- if Hedson Rail Ltd. merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
Curriculum Vitae ("CV")
We give you the option of submitting your CV via email or by providing your CV to one of our consultants. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by our consultants for positions as they arise. Your CV will be stored in the Hedson Rail Ltd. database and will be accessible by Hedson Rail Ltd. consultants in the UK.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV and your old CV will be archived.
We collect personal information from you in order that our services can be offered as effectively as possible. We may contact you about our services from time to time. If at any time you want us to stop contacting you in this way, please contact us so that we can update our records.
The data controller is Hedson Rail Ltd. 10 St Ann Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2DN
We use several technologies and operational procedures to protect data submitted to us by you. Physical security of data on our equipment is provided by a combination of firewalls and password protection. However, whilst we use all reasonable measures we cannot guarantee the security of your data, as we do not have control of the Internet.
You have control
If at any stage you would like to remove, check or amend the information held by us about you please send an e-mail to email@example.com write to our Data Controller at Hedson Rail Ltd. at the address provided above and we will take the necessary action within 30 days of receipt. We also reserve the right to take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before making any disclosure of information held by us. If this involves a request for deletion of your file, please be aware that we may not be required or able to do so, particularly where your file also holds information about our clients or financial information that we need to keep for periods of up to six years, i.e. that relate to tax matters. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
Transfer of Data
You agree that if we deem it necessary and, in order to provide our services effectively, we can transfer information outside the European Economic Area.
Transmission of Data
Whilst we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure that the information you provide will be kept secure from unauthorised access we cannot guarantee that the information will be secure during any transmission of data.
Hedson Rail is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants and members of staff will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
The Information Commissioner is aware of our data processing, as we have notified the Commissioner in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
version 02: October 2018